|Sancerre in the anchorage at The Holy Island of|
Lindisfarne, 2021, the Farne Islands and Bamburgh
Castle in the distance. A trip line is required in
this anchorage, to see why click here.
I now include:
- Harbours and Marinas.
- Some info on fuel & gas availability but I would not have checked at many locations.
- Cell coverage, Vodafone and O2, for those I have visited recently.
Be sure to check out Reeds and / or the appropriate pilots for more detailed information and alternates, this is just an overview of likely candidates, but I have been to all of them over the last few years. Some notes on passage making using some of these can be found here: "Planning a round GB trip" , a list of charts and Pilots I have used round GB can be found here: "Charts and Guides for a round GB trip"
|Hunda Sound anchorage looking towards Scapa Flow, Orkney at 03:30.|
- The Solent.
- The Needles to Plymouth.
- Fowey to Lands End.
- Lands End north to Anglesey
- The Isles of Scilly and Ireland from Baltimore to Red Bay
- Mull of Galloway to Ardnamurchan Point.
- Ardnamurchan Point to Loch Ewe.
- The Western Isles.
- Loch Ewe to Orkney and on to The Solent.
|The anchorage at Canna, the Small Isles, on route from|
Tobermory to S. Uist, 2022. The Isle of Rum in the distance.