|The entrance to Loch Ewe, 2020|
In two weeks I can restart work on the boat and then hopefully I will be off sailing so will hopefully be blogging about that rather than doing any new pages of tips etc. Those that I have done are in various states of completion and I'll use the last two weeks of boredom to try and finish them, or at least tidy them up. All have a bias towards offshore single or short handed sailing but apply to crewed boats as well.
Most, but not all, are listed on the right hand panel (that may change with time to keep the list at about its current size). Here is a consolidated list. Links here all start in a new window.
Boat and equipment related pages:
- An overview of the Achilles 9m class and some detail about Sancerre with a link to..
- A buyers guide to the A9m, issues known to me about the class, its marked as work in process but I can't think of anything else at the moment.
- My thoughts on Anchors, Drogues & Emergency Steering for boats of this size and the A9m in particular,
- A guide to Installing an anchor windlass on an Achilles 9m.
- Pyrotechnics for Emergency / Distress Signalling?
- How to rig Spinnaker Sheets (and guys), this was meant to be linked from a wider piece on spinnakers and cruising chutes but I got diverted and have not written that.
- First Aid kits. Marked as WIP but pretty much done.
Life at Sea:
- Eating at Sea, equipment and provisions. Still a little work to be done on this but plenty of info here.
- Sleeping & avoiding exhaustion. Finished but I need to review it a couple of months after writing it.
Planning a single handed round GB trip:
- General points with links to some of the pages above including my outline itinerary for a 2021 round GB trip plus:
- Charts & Guides for a Round GB trip.
- Passage making on the East Coast wip but just needs tightening up.
- Passage making to Orkney - complete for east bound (with links to postings about my passage), some info on west bound to be completed when I have done it!