Sailing round GB:
- General tips, planning and more detailed index including:
- Charts & Guides for a Round GB trip
- Passage making along the east coast.
- Passage making along the west coast.
- Navigating the Pentland Firth.
- Anchorages for a round GB trip:
- My long trips (long threads, often 1 post per leg):
Deck Gear and Rigging
- Anchors, Drogues and Emergency steering.
- Anchoring in storm conditions
- Installing an anchor windlass on an Achilles 9 metre.
- How to secure to a visitors buoy.
- Mainsail Reefing
- Main Boom Preventers
- Storm & heavy weather Jibs, including rigging
- Self Steering Systems
- Rigging Spinnaker Sheets
- Halyard Diverters
- Rigging lazy jacks (A9m & 840?)
- Pyrotechnics or Electronics for Emergency / Distress Signalling?
- Low level riding (anchor) lights.
- First Aid Kits
Below Deck & Maintenance
- Boat electrics.
- Replacing the fuel & water tanks (Thread)
- Fitting a diesel fuelled, warm air heater (Thread)
- Converting the forepeak to a wet storage area (post)
- Rebuilding the navigators area, electrics & electronics (2 posts)
- Shore Power and Galvanic Isolators / Zinc savers.
- The engine water pump (post).
- Rain and Spray protection (post).
- Propeller (and cutlass bearing?) removal. (post)
- Changing the starter motor on a Yanmar 2GM20
- Painting Sancerre.
- A failed Seacock.