Preliminary winter work list, 6th September:
Mainly for the JAC but including some regular maintenance etc. Sancerre is provisionally booked to be hauled out at Deacon's at the top of the Hamble in November for a month or six weeks and will probably be berthed there through March 2020 before going back onto the summer trot mooring down river.
- Check cutlass bearing (needed immediate replacement).
- Check stern gland. OK
- Check for play on rudder & lower pintle.OK
- Check skeg & rudder for water ingress etc. OK
- If practical remove redundant log paddle and replaced with blank or otherwise seal. Done
- Check / clean out / lubricate skin fittings and seacocks. Done.
- Fabricate a prop puller. Done.
- Remove old prop. Done.
- Shorten prop shaft? Not required
- + Bore out and tap nut for Flexofold Done.
- Fit Flexofold folding prop Done.
- Check rope cutter with new prop (OK & adjusted)
Polish shaftApply Prop-shield to shaft and prop to inhibit weed growth. Done
- Replace Anode. Done
- Strip back anti-fouling over rust spot on the keel (+ and P Bracket), treat, Prime, fill as necessary, prime. Done
- Clean bilge,treat keel bolt nuts and repaint nuts. Done
- 3 coats of anti-fouling with additional on leading edges etc. Done.
- + Disconnect Prop shaft, move engine forward, replace cutlass bearing, refit engine etc. Done.
- + redo antifouling on P bracket after replacing cutlass bearing. Done.
- + Replace anchor chain, fit plastic & paint 10m markers. Done.
- + Fit anode to P Bracket. Done.
- 300 hour engine service Done.
- + Replace or clean 1st fuel filter. Done.
- Clear control cable runs so the engine will reliably stay at full throttle. Done?
- Full standing rigging check including security of the radar reflector, spreader anti-chaff etc. Done
- Fit plastic covers to rigging screws on
main andforward lower shrouds Done.
- Replace wind sensor battery. Done
- Straighten / free up / replace windex. Better but not fixed
- Replace water filter element after flushing the tank and pipework. Done
- + clean pull pit to save headsail.
Work before the JAC:
- Life raft service. Done
- Additional reef points to mainsail. Done
- Make or buy spare wind vane for the Seafeather self steering. On Order.
- Fit 7th port side clutch, lines for the 3rd reef put loops on the business end of 3rd reef lines to attach a messenger. Done
- + Bag at mast for 3rd reef line when not rigged. Done
Additional strapping for fuel bladder or secure boards over...…. + Clean out & paint port cockpit locker as required, new boards? strong back? in conjunction with..... Additional strapping for diesel cans, replacing the single 5L with a 5th 10L so they are the same height and fit relatively tightly for and aft.
- + Add removable combined strong-back over fuel bladder compartment / fore and aft bulkhead in locker to retain diesel cans and provide additional strapping points for them. Done
- Additional strapping & net for storage on stbd bunk. Done
- Devise and install some method of storing items
(incl. Jordan drogue)(incl. Storm jib, 80m warp) in the quarter berth without them falling into the nav seat foot well. Done.
- Fit safety belts to port bunk. Done
- Tie down for anchor or continue just packing with fenders? Both. Done.
- Fit cleats for aft winches / jib furling. Done
- Replace mast halyard bag, hopefully with one that will withstand uv for more than 2 years 😒 Done.
- Repair cockpit halyard bags. Done
- Service Seafeather, varnish servo blade, check mounts. Done
- + Reconfigure NMEA bridges, USB connections etc. for resilience. Done
- + Put loops on cockpit safety line pad eye Done.
- + Add a waterproof USB charging point for the iPad to the instrument binnacle. Done
- + Make the bungee securing the acrylic strips protecting the chart table captive. Done
- + Make sunshade from the top part of the v old (damaged) genoa (done) and check rigging it in multiple positions, especially those for use at sea.
- + Improve storage for specs. pen and head band tourches & nav instruments. Done
- + Improve lap top security on chart table. Done
- + longer standing part for preventer with spliced thimbles each end. Done.
- + Put grab handles on side of cockpit seats so I can get up from leeward Done
- + Repair Seafurl, Done.
- + Move forward furling line block forward so the line goes onto the drum lower. Done
- + Stainles strip on top of tiller to protect from Seafeather chain. Done
- + Fit addition blocking diodes to solar to reduce heating. Done
- + Connect 2nd output from solar & wind controller to starter battery & set starter battery DVSR to only operate when ignition is on. Done.
- + Additional bracing / fastening to foot of table. Done
- + Move bilge pump hose to be above or at the same level as the electric pump. Done
- + Build Jordan drogue & new bridle. Done.
- + Fabricate and fit strong points for Jordan Drogue bridle. Done.
- + Halyard bag aft for drogue bridle. Ready
- + Repaint and strengthen chart table base (Done),
new fixing to hold it in up position.
MoveNew small fire extinguisher from under steps tofitted to back of table leg. Done
- + Service anchor windlass, check connector (Done) and warp (Done).
- + Move 80m warp to a tool bag for storage in quarter berth
with Jordan drogue. Done
- + Test fit drogue bridles Done.
- + Splice thimble to end of 40m warp, reorganise shackles, swivel, emergency steering bridle etc. so that the 40 & 80 metre warps can easily be used with Kedge anchor, Grapnel anchor or Jimmy Green drogue, individually or in series. Also ensure kedge and Grapnel anchors can be used as a "chum" or to back up the bower Done
- Tidy up the head lining, put in more pads and screws. Check all leaks are now fixed. Done
- + Install wood panel on deck head above electrical panel. Done
- + Rebuild / extend bins outboard of chart table. Done
- + Anti Seagull measures, especially for the solar panels. Done
- + Fit wi-fi extender. Done
- + Remove rail cleats damaging dodgers, replace with bags on guard rail. Done
- + Minor repairs to dodgers.
- + Clean and reproof canvas. Done
- + Varnish tiller & washboards. Done
- + Replace broken lifting ring on forward section of floor. And worn aft section? Done
- + Revamp storm jib rigging using 2nd jib halyard mast fittings. Done.
- + Fit rubber seals and additional closure on port cockpit locker to prevent flooding (internal so also anti theft). Done
- + Lashing points under saloon table for the Jordon Drogue bag. Done
- + Secure aft section of saloon sfloor to beam. Done
- + Bolts or similar on centre section of floor (forward section?). Done
- + Grab handle for the head. Done
+ Replace (hasp? and) staple at bottom of life raft cover. Add removable retaining clip for use at sea. Done. + Secure gas bottles in their lockers. Done
- Additional strapping or something solid for the cool box and something to protect the electrical plug. Done
- USB point & mount forward with iPad holder on
book rack? Or pillar?above port bunk. Done
- + Fit tiller pin and bolt for SeaFeather lines to spare tiller. Done
- Inject epoxy into deck soft spots which should be dry by now. Done
- Convert main traveller car to 3 part purchase, correcting lead alignment etc. Done
- Redo non-slip paint in the cockpit? Done
- Refurbish old washboards as backups. Done.
- + Check guardrail wires. OK but may need
shorteningreplace with Dynema if stanchion fix does not tighten. Done
- + Modify and fit rubbing strake to edge of life raft cover / seat to protect against the autopilot ram. Done
- Spare servo blade and wind vane for SeaFeather self steering. On order.
- Make tool for opening and closing the Dorade vents.
- + Swing steering compass.
- + Check alignment of fluxgate compass.
- + Calibrate log.
- + Add solid bracing struts to spray hood grab rail?
- Fit replacement cam cleat (or spring in) the port side genoa car control.
- Make up a length of coax with plug and socket for emergency connection of the AIS (and therefore VHF) to the domestic VHF aerial on the gantry.
- Better storage for the oil lamp.
- Fix guard rail stanchions not already done.
- + Replace guardrail wire end lashings.
- + Fit messenger between 2nd & 3rd reefing points.
- Make up tie ins for mainsail reefs.
- After fixing stanchions replace damaged netting forward incorporating additional chaff protection for the genoa.
- + Devise some method of keeping the bottom of the curtain in position without risk of tearing it, at least to port whilst allowing easy movement forward.
- Fit loud siren to alarm.
- + Replace VHF aerial and windex (check fitting first)?
Post a Comment