|The raised boot line with one coat in each colour done on days 1 |
and 2, additional coats will go on when I do the area around the
sea cocks and some work done on the fin before one coat all over.
Most of the damaged areas are now under the boot line.
|Working on the transom was a bit of a problem, this did not work|
that well as I was working left handed and stretching. I subsequently
borrowed a large bulk of timber > a foot square to stand on which
was a bit easier when I was rubbing down.
|A first go with the new International Paints undercoat.|
The balance of the forth day was getting the undercoat on, this was International's new combined primer and undercoat "One Up", very thick in the can but liquid with only 5% thinners (max under 25 degrees C is 10%). I found that coverage and finish was better with the brush than with the roller but with a higher risk of runs or curtains which I managed to avoid on the upper moulding which could not be done with the roller but I did get a couple on the transom in almost out of reach areas.
|I rather like this colour and it would be somewhat cooler but the |
top coat is not available in this colour and I'm in any case I am
not sure what it would look like in gloss.
|Most damaged areas are no longer visible and those that are before|
the top coat are only just visible at close range (colour is a
bit off in this picture due to the flash).
A day off tomorrow as the weather looks marginally more favourable on Saturday and Sunday although rather hot, but next week could be even hotter and I need to get two coats on in three days to save rubbing down.