My plan was to spend the night at Loch Keivagh then Friday and Saturday nights at Loch Maddy either both in the marina or one there and one at anchor depending on exactly when some strong winds went through.
|Entering Loch Keivagh
|My track in and out of Loch Keivagh. Not shown on the chart
is a large fish farm east of the green starboard hand lateral
mark, it is shown on the Admiralty chart.
I'm likely to be there for 3 nights as F4-6 winds are forecast for the Minch (F7 in the north) but looking OK for next week with seas < 1 metre by Wednesday for several days but NE winds on Thursday could mean a long trip back to the Sound of Harris.
Apart from the overturned section and obvious issues with the section opposite it, the whole spine has been moved at least 20' right (check the kink from the ramp) the resident commercial boats (left) where unable to operate for some time, as of November it is not known when it will reopen for visitors but hopefully before next sailing season.
The Ferry docking.
22 miles in three and a half hours.